Sunday, April 24, 2011

Difficulty paper

Let me start off by saying that I do not read much in my free time, heck only when I absolutely have to. But when I take English classes I usually know that I will be reading a book so I get a little excited! And the flowers was phenominal! And when I started the Scarlett letter I got weary and felt like I had put my mind through a washing machine full of words from the 16 th centuary dirty clothes! It is hard to read. The way how hawthorn describes specific objects making the read believe that it will be of some importance later on in the book, but usually is not. I really wish that some one could re write the Scarlett letter in modern English and translate word for word would make the book overall better, for the reason that it would be easier to comprehend. Any ways I did how ever manage to get into it better by relating similar things that happend in the book to my life, those are personal to me however. I did as well try to put my feet in the shoes of a towns person there just watching what happens. Or some times thinking it of a bad movie that I paid for and must sit and watch and understand no matter how boring. The book did have some fire starters though which make it a suprise at times making it better. I know it will get better as well just have to navigate through the mucky 10 pt times new roman black font waters to understand the good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree and couldn't say it any better!! If only this book was written in the modern English that we use today it would spark so much more attention and get us excited to read it. I feel overwhelmed, as I'm sure many of us do, with these crazy unknown words! But I'm starting to see its significance and hopefully when were done with this thing we will know what happened. And I must say that reading your responses to the text and hilarious and very accurate descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might help to skim it then read it. I got very little the first time I read it but when i went back through it things were suddenly understandably. By the fourth time i think i have it now but i have to admit there are still parts that are murky. But I just preserver and keep my electronic dictionary in hand.
    I hope you get to the point that you can enjoy this story. It took a lot for me but now I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete